Thursday, November 29, 2018

Module 10

1.    I decided to watch Buddhism and African Art. I chose these because I have never really investigated Buddhism, whereas on the other side I grew up in Africa and went to school with many people from different countries within the continent.

2.    Some interesting concepts that I took from these videos were that, in Buddhism art gives off a sense of serenity, I also found out that the largest Buddhist temple is Borobudur, in another country that I have lived in. In African art, traditions played a large role into their works, from symbolism, sculptures and masks. Art was used in a day to day basis, often bringing good will on their hunts, they used many materials that were easily found, yet perishable leaving a limited amount of works of an older age.


3.    These videos both relate to the texts, while I still feel the same way I usually do, the videos can give viewers a more in depth and better understanding of the cultures.

4.    Both videos were very informative, for me I liked watching the African art one better just because it brought me back to my childhood and the art and culture, I grew up around.

No comments:

Post a Comment