Thursday, November 29, 2018

Module 13/14


1.    The first video that I watched was An Acquiring Mind; Philippe de Montebello and The Metropolitan,  I think some really good points were bought out, such as how some pieces need specific lighting to be seen the way they were supposed to yet some pieces should remain as shards instead of recreating, or fixing them, all in all these pieces are to be respected in whatever form they are in. The second video that I watched was Tate Modern. In this there were quite a number on concepts that stood out such as, how you don’t need to understand the history and thoughts going in to the works in order to understand the exhibits, each person will have their own opinions, yet they will be within the lines that the artists provided. Another one that stood out to me was that while most of the world believes if two artists are opposites they will not blend in a good way, while sometimes that is what complements them, and allows them to blossom further.  The last video I proceeded to watch was, The Lowdown on Lowbrow. This one was very interesting to watch and unlike the previous two, there were quite a few pop culture’s references, while most of the artists talked about seemed to like the idea of consumerism, which helped this type of art take off. At this point it was mentioned how many of these artworks were complied with a large amount of opinions, between pop art, surrealism and works that created quite a commotion.

2.    While I didn’t think the last video helped me in the creation, both of the other’s played a small role, from putting the exhibit together in a sense that it made it flow and allowing me to understand the way art curators used all of the information. This let me follow the steps creating the project.

3.    The films were all interesting in their own ways while some information wasn’t used, I did use some of it to outline my project.

No comments:

Post a Comment